Saturday, May 17, 2008

Where’s the Zing?



I remember the first time I drank a protein shake. I mixed everything and walked away for what I’m sure was just a second…When I came back and took my first sip, I though I was going to…well, lets just say that it was awful. All the powdered protein stuff, the good stuff, had quickly settled at the bottom and it was bad, really bad. So I took out the mixer and stirred it up again and it was so much better (ok, it wasn’t great, but it was better).

How often do you suppose we let the good stuff, “the flavor and zing” in our lives just “settle at the bottom”? I find in my own life that I sometimes become very complacent with where I am in my life and I often forget to thank God for his many blessings in my life. I stop looking for opportunities to grow and ways to reach out to others. My passions and zest just become less fervent. What I need is a little whirl from the master mixer to get my “zing” flowing again and he always knows when to step in and mix things up.

He adds a shot of chaos, a cup of friendship, and a pound of grace, mixes it all together and out comes a new zest for life, the godly life.

1 comments:

Sandy said...

Here's a "zinger" for ya...
You are so very talented, Shannon.
This blog I want to paste in my album, on my frig,. carry in my purse. I do get carried away if you can imagine that. I love this..and you, too!