Thursday, May 22, 2008

Prayer of Thanks

Lord, thank you so much for my small group, for a gracious, God seeking, and passionate group leader that has been nothing but a blessing in so many ways, ways that she does not even know. For giving me just a moment in my week when all the worldly distractions are simply quieted and my heart is revived by a group that simply chooses to says, “Yes” to You and to doing life together. That seeks to truly know my heart and loves me even in my brokenness, right where I am. How great is our God, that he hears the cry of our hearts and answers with more than we deserve!!

“The yearning for deep connection describes a quality of relationship that is profoundly caring, is resonant with meaning, and involves feelings of belonging or of being truly seen and known”. Unknown

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you, Shannon. You are truly one of God's rare jewels. A friend, who has richly blessed my life; and for one that I would gladly lay down my own for.
You are my beloved sistah, Shan:)

In Him,
Sandy

Shannon said...

Thanks Sandy, I feel the same way my friend!!