Saturday, May 31, 2008

Awestruck

This morning was so beautiful. I picked up my ipod and out the door I went. I sat down in my favorite chair on the deck ready to enjoy the morning sun and listen to whatever was to be the next song on my ipod play list. Then something happened and I just stopped and took in the silence...and I simply began to pray and reflected on the things of God. How clear and blue the sky was, how green everything was getting, the flowers like little dots of colorful artwork scattered around the yard, the birds singing and the squirrels playing. God’s unspoken love language written in plan view! I read this statement somewhere once that “awe precedes faith”. This morning, my faith was definitely awakened by the sheer awe of God’s creative handy work. Could you imagine what our faith would look like if we got up every morning in awe of what God had in store for us, if we had an excitement for the things that he wants to do through us? When was the last time you were in awe of how sovereign and majestic our God is?

Indescribable, uncontainable, You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name. You are amazing God. All powerful, untamable, Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim You are amazing God. Chris Tomlin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!