Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ouch

A mother and her young son were standing in a long line at the grocery check out. She had only a few things to purchase in one hand and her other hand held the small hand of her son.

As his patience was wearing out from the lengthy wait, and his young energy could no longer be controlled, he began pulling away from his mom’s hand.

She had to hold tighter to keep him from running away.

“Ouch, Mommy, you’re hurting me!” he whined.

“It only hurts when you pull away”, his wise mother responded.

[Ripped]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“It only hurts when you pull away...” Sometimes I feel the aches and pains of not being in touch with God’s will in my life, when I’m not trusting, or I’m simply pulling away to get my own way. He never pulls away from us, he just simply holds out his hand and it is up to us to let ours rest in his as he guides us in His perfect will for our lives.

Letting him guide us sure hurts a lot less…after all, he knows what is best for us.


Ps. 37:7 Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

This is so beautiful and so very true. WOW>.... I love the idea that if we don't pull away from God it doesn't hurt. Although many of do because that's a first reaction in change or independance.

Awesome post!!