Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Year, New Me

Ok, so like I said in my last post...I decided there would be no new years resolutions for me this year, but I would have some goals. Goals, both short and long term, that would focus on me becoming a better me and also on things that I have wanted to do more of, but just haven’t for some reason (and believe me I can some up with reasons, otherwise known as excuses).

  1. Get fit (eat better and move more) – seriously, I need to really shed some pounds…so I’ve started working out again and eating better. Words of encouragement from you guys throughout this year would be great!!
  2. Travel more – there are so many places that I have not been that I would love to visit. To name a few: New York, California, Colorado etc…
  3. Read more – I love to read, but I never leave myself enough time to enjoy it. My goal is to try and read a book every month. So far so good – I just finished “The Memory Keepers Daughter”, which was recommended by a co-worker. It was really good and I hear they are making it into a movie. Today, I started a new book, “Life of Pi”, I hear it’s a good book…
  4. Paint the rest of the house - A couple of years ago we had the house remodeled and 4 rooms (the office, living room, dinning room, one bathroom and kitchen) all got a fresh new look. Now, the rest of the house needs it too. So, I need to paint!
  5. Paint my grandmother’s kitchen – I made a promise, need to do it!! I will do it soon.

Ok, so there you go! I’ll try to keep you posted on how I do. To others of you out there with new years resolutions or new goals for the year, I wish you all the best!!

Oh and I got a change to catch up on some of those movies I had missed over our rainy weekend.

  1. The ultimate Gift - Excellent
  2. The Waitress - So-So
  3. We are Marshall - Excellent, keep the tissue handy
  4. Knocked Up -Awful
  5. Next -Good, the ending was not what I expected
  6. Reign Over Me - So-So, Sad
  7. License to Wed - Kinda funny, could have been better
What have you seen lately???

0 comments: